Are you looking for some effective ways to clean and maintain your marble floors? Though, marble floors are durable and attractive, knowing how to clean and maintain them is really important. Marble floors need a good care and must be sealed to prevent liquid penetration. Once sealed, regular maintenance will help to keep the floors look glossy and beautiful for years to come.
Below mentioned are some of the most effective tips that can help you to avoid expenses of marble floors and keep them looking their best, have a look:
1. Common household substances such as tea, coffee fruit juice, butter, alcohol, soda, vinegar, tomato-based products, makeup, toiletry products and various other substances can easily spill on your marble floors. Don’t let any of these substances sit on the marble. You must immediately wipe these liquids with a clean, dry cloth to prevent any damage to the seal or the stone underneath it.
2. When cleaning your marble floors, avoid DIYs. Also, when using any marble cleaning product, always check the pH of your product. Make certain to use a pH-neutral cleaner. Avoid using acidic and alkaline cleaners for marble cleaning purpose as they can easily damage and stain your stone.
3. You must get your marble floors sealed as and when required. The task is quite simple to perform. It will not only add shine, but will also provide protection to your floors.
4. If you have kitchen countertop made of marble, make certain to use cutting boards to protect your kitchen countertop against scratching and direct contact with various substances that may etch the marble surface.
5. Always use a clean, dry, non-treated dust-mop to clean your marble floors. If you are using a vacuum cleaner, be careful because the worn parts or grit jammed by the wheels of the vacuum cleaner may scratch the surface.
6. If you are keeping rugs and mats on your marble floors, make sure they must be cleaned regularly to get rid of dirt and dust that builds up within the rug and that may also scratch the marble surface.
7. Avoid using marble floor cleaning products that contain acids, alkalis and various other chemicals that can etch or damage the stone surface or degrade the sealant leaving the stone more vulnerable to staining.
Keep all the above mentioned tips in your mind to keep your marble floors looking stunning and well-maintained for long.